Saturday, May 28, 2011
Saturday, April 9, 2011
April Showers bring May Flowers! Make a wish!
For the design: I used clear embossing power on a white card stock card base and stamped the dandilion and floating seed from the (stamp set that escapes me right now - I think its Make a Wish, but I might just be making that up because it sounds good!) and embossed as per usual.
For the "sky": I used the Zindorff brayering technique and brayered right over the top of my clear-embossed dandilions using Heavenly Blue, Crystal Blue and Dutch Blue. Once I was done I buffed the excess ink off the embossed parts with a tissue. By doing this, the dandilions appear white. Mission accomplished.
For the Sentimate: I used Out Door Denim ink to stamp the "Spring Beauty" from the April Word puzzle.
For the Card Base: I layered White, Indian Corn Blue and Outdoor Denim card stock. I then attached the embossed/brayered card to the tri-layered background and wrapped white generic ribbon around the whole thing. The back is not pictured, but I attached a white piece of cardstock to the back to hide the ribbon ends.
For the Bling - because if it don't shine, then it ain't mine: I used CTMH tiny blings.
Everything is dobbered in Outdoor Denim.
Friday, March 4, 2011
Friday, February 4, 2011
Ok, so really all I did was turn the sketch sideways and the rock out the design.
I used colonial white, tulip and sorbet cardstock. Also used a piece of the double sided paper from the Key To My Heart Level 2 paper pack and a piece of vellum paper (purchased at my local craft store). Everything is edges in Cocoa.
For the background: I used the Zindorff brayering technique. The sky is inked in Buttercup, Cremebrule, Honey and Blush. The grass is inked in Sweetleaf and Olive. This was done on a solid piece of paper (I cut the panels later.)
For the vellum "rice paper panels": I cut a piece of vellum to match the size of my brayed background. I then stamped and embossed the cherry blossoms and branches from the Aspiration stamp set. I used Cocoa for the branches and Sorbet edged in Tulip for the flowers.
To create the "rice paper panels": I measured my brayerd background and divided it into thirds and cut it. I did the same for the matching vellum (cutting straight through the embossed branches). Then used clear adhesive to affix the vellum to the bryaered background. I then affixed the "panels" to a piece of Cocoa cardstock, spacing evenly. I mounted that on Tulip cardstock, then Sorbet cardstock, and the double sided paper.
For the kanji: I stamped the 3 kanji symbols from the Wisdom stamp set and simply cut them out and popped them up. These were NOT edged. I then stamped the meanings of the symbols on a small strip for the sentiment and affixed it in the proper place.
For the bling...because if it don't shine, then it ain't mine: I used CTMH bling and placed them in the middle of the flowers. So super simple!
I hope you enjoy!
Friday, January 28, 2011
Hello happy crafters!
I have made a wreath. It is my first one and I think it turned out totally adorable! Unfortunatly, I won't be keeping it - its for a raffle at my work. But it was so super easy that I will probably be making myself a similar one very soon! All I did was wrap a foam wreath base with ribbon, using a hot glue gun to secure the ends (yea, the back of the wreath isn't quiiiiiiite as pretty). I used my mother's Bowdabra to make the bow and ties it to the top. Then, of course...I added BLING! So...super simple, super fast, and super CUTE! Gotta love it.